The Springbank Park For All Seasons (SPFAS) and their board of directors is committed to continued sustainability, and is currently focused on planning for the future of this goal.
A top priority for the Springbank Park For All Seasons’ Board of Directors and Staff Members is to provide safe and sustainable facilities where kids and adults play, families and friends come together, people meet socially, and individuals learn.
Just a few examples of how SPFAS is already going this:
- An ongoing review of the long-term capital life cycle replacement plan
- Maintaining a financial plan that assists with advancing long-term financial sustainability
- Implementation of a plan to improve storm water drainage
In the most recent SPFAS newsletter, the group outlines some of the highlights of their comprehensive plan to see this goal into the future, including:
- Assessment of current facilities and services
- Valuation of future facility and service needs
- Cycle replacement sustainability
- Evaluate the impact of population growth, related aging demographic and residency forecasts
- Align objectives and plans with those of other recreation and culture service providers.
If you’re interested in joining the SPFAS Long-Term Planning Committee, contact SPFAS (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org) to express your interest in helping to plan for the future of SPFAS and our Springbank Community.
Find out more about the SPFAS and their plan for sustainability on their website here.