While we’ve lucked out on severe weather in Calgary and surrounding area (fingers-crossed), weather has been a trending problem in other parts of Canada lately.
I found an article in Acreage Life Magazine, that provided some useful tips at the right time, on preparing your home for extreme weather. In the wake of the extreme weather we’ve seen so far this summer in Calgary: flooding, hail storms, etc., this information can really help you.
Have a plan in place:
• Establish meeting places in the home and neighbourhood
• Discuss your communication details: phone numbers, email addresses, etc.
• Keep a copy of emergency plans from schools, community centres, city centres, etc.
• Keep a list of emergency contacts: family members, physicians, etc.
Keep supplies on-hand:
• Keep enough non-perishable food, water and pet food to feed your family for up to 3 days
• Extra cash and copies of personal documents
• Battery-powered radio
• Supplies such as: plastic sheets, dust masks, duct tape, etc.
• Extra clothing and hygiene items
Interested in reading more on this topic? Read the full Acreage Life article here.